Safe beach for children, a tranquil spot for some sunbathing, boats, fishing tackle, volleyball net and dartboard.
All the magnificent hiking routes of Kuusamo:
- Karhunkierros Trail in Oulanka National Park
- the shorter Pieni Karhunkierros Trail
- the thundering waterfalls Kiutaköngäs and Jyrävä
- the trails of Ruka, Valtavaara and Pyhävaara
- Riisitunturi National Park
- Ristikallio Trail
- Keroharju Trail
- Ahmanpolku Trail
For a biker the local roads are diverse and sometimes even challenging. However, the scenery makes all the effort worthwhile. With a bike you can explore the wilderness at your own liking. At Ruka, a breath-taking view opens in front of your eyes from the top of Ruka Fell.
Canoeing on rivers like the Oulakajoki fascinates you for sure.
Water rafting on a rubber raft on river Kitkajoki is a memorable adventure.
The Summer Sled Track gives you a taste of speed!
Nature photography and bird watching in Kuusamo is an experience beyond comparison!